You’ve probably heard about green coffee extract before, mostly linked to its weight loss benefits. In recent years, the extract has become more popular for other reasons, and has become a go-to ingredient in skincare products.
But before we get into that, we want to explain this popular extract a bit more.
What Is Green Coffee Extract?
Green coffee extract comes from the bright red seeds of the Coffea tree. As these raw beans are roasted, the level of helpful antioxidants in the bean decreases.
5 Health Benefits of Green Coffee Extract
There are many benefits to consuming green coffee extract. Whether absorbed through the skin, or in your diet. Many of these benefits come from an antioxidant called chlorogenic acid. The antioxidant, commonly referred to as CGA has many benefits.
- Insulin regulation: A 2014 study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information reveals that decaffeinated green coffee bean extract improves insulin regulation in mice.
- Lower blood pressure: Studies have revealed that CGA from green coffee extract may help to lower blood pressure.
- Reduced cellular damage from free radicals: CGA is an antioxidant, and one job of antioxidants is to reduce the amount of free radicals that could build up in the cells of the body. Antioxidants kill free radicals and that leads to less cellular damage
- Rapid cell regeneration: The power of the antioxidants in green coffee extract can help new skin cells to generate more quickly. Those new cells could help one look younger. But could also aid in minimizing the appearance and buildup of scar tissue.
- Lessening the Look of Lines and Wrinkles: This one is more superficial than the others, but it’s one that individuals concerned with aging might appreciate. CGA helps to minimize the look of lines and wrinkles, helping the skin look firm and plump.
If you’re looking for a product that helps to deliver many of these benefits and moisturises your skin at the same time, Callyssee Cosmetics’ Extra Smooth Anti-Aging Cream is a great option!
If you enjoyed learning about Green Coffee Extract, continue reading Why Coffee for Skincare is So Hot Right Now.